The Marshfield Youth Soccer (MYS) Board of Directors hope that you and your family and friends are well. We have been planning throughout this emergency for our eventual return to play in the Fall and are excited to finally announce that registration is now OPEN for the Fall 2020 / Spring 2021 season.
Safe Return to Play
- For the safety of all our players, volunteers, and parents MYS will be following the COVID-19 guidelines provided by state & town governments as well as U.S. Soccer and Mass Youth Soccer recommendations.
- MYS will work to adhere to these guidelines as part of a “return to play” for the upcoming fall recreational soccer season. Under the Governor’s phase 2, 3, and 4 plan some outdoor soccer activities will return, possibly in modified form. There are updated details here related to youth soccer activities for all of us in Massachusetts.
- The Town, under the guidance of the Board of Health, will determine when we can start to use the fields. We expect this for the Fall of 2020 per the Governor’s phased plan as some limited club practices are beginning now.
- When the finalized guidelines for safe plan are ready, MYS will notify all players, coaches, and parents of the details.
Registration Changes and New Payment Options
- There will be no late fees this year and normal registration will be from now thru September.
- Registration fees have been discounted for grades KG through grades 7/8.
- Grade KG, 1, 2: $135 (discounted from $180).
- Grade 3&: $160 (discounted from $210).
- Grade 5&6: $190 (discounted from $250).
- Grade 7&8: $225 (discounted from $300).
- HS grades will be $160
- Pay by installment options have been enhanced and are encouraged. You can now choose to have your fee spread over 6 installments.
- When you register your kids please update their uniform size info for jerseys and shorts. All uniform orders are built based on the info you provide. If you make a mistake in your size selection – or don’t remember if you changed your size when you registered, then please reach out. Uniform orders will likely go in late this year so it’s likely that they will also be passed out later in September.
- MYS runs a combined fall / spring season so you pay one registration fee for both seasons.
- For full registration info clickhere.
- FOR DIRECT REGISTRATION LINK CLICK HERE.
- Registration questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tryouts (Grades 5/6 and 7/8 ONLY)
- You do not have to tryout to be placed on a MYS soccer team. Tryouts are only if your child wants to have a chance to be on a select team.
- We expect tryouts to happen sometime in September.
- You must be registered in advance of tryouts.
- You must attend at least one tryout to be placed on a select team.
- As the Fall approaches, we will send out additional information with details.