Marshfield Youth Soccer / Marshfield United coaches and all adult volunteers need to submit for CORI clearance yearly and also take trainings each season. Mass Youth Soccer in adherence to 2018 federal guidelines has partnered with US Soccer Connect/SportsAffinity for the Adult registration systems. If you participate with Marshfield Youth Soccer and are 18 years or older you need to complete this program. Completion and CORI clearance will enable us to produce your coaching credential – your annual Coach Lanyard. Coaches and Adults are not allowed to work with MYS teams and kids without full completion of this program – and Coaches are expected to have and wear their Coach Lanyard at all practices and games.
Mass Youth Soccer full info and courses are HERE
Coaches can register – HERE
Coaches/Adults will login to your existing account or if you are new this year establish an account, upload a headshot photo, sign the waivers, and then submit for CORI clearance. Additionally there is video training courseware required for Soccer coaches – US Soccer concussion training and US Center for SafeSport Abuse prevention training. These are all taken and managed thru a new unified portal now.
Each year / each coach needs to –
- Establish or Renew the yearly Cori process for this upcoming/current soccer season. You have to register as an adult on a yearly basis.
- Confirm a proper headshot photo is uploaded to your profile.
- Sign the yearly Cori waivers and make the yearly submission “I am coaching this season”.
- Take the two online training courses – and take yearly refresher courses.
- Yearly – only after all these steps are completed is Marshfield able to produce your coaching lanyard.
Quick tip – it is easy to miss the initial “register now” blue button from the states website. Click the link – Coaches all need to start – HERE – then scroll down to the bottom of this page – and then begin with the blue “register now” button. Login as returning if you are a prior coach – or create new only if this is your first year coaching.
This fall, parents, please thank each coach for getting their Coaching Lanyard – they have invested quality time this year to earn this credential and take these courses.